Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Rest Easy Brothers

Today I mourn the loss of 9 of my fire service brothers. The Charleston SC FD lost 9 brave men yesterday. They responded to a fire in a furniture store and while at least 2 victims were rescued 9 firefighters gave the ultimate sacrifice when the roof of the store collapsed on them. Story Here
One person today asked me why they would go into a store like that when it would be safer to fight the fire from the outside. While I was not there and don't know all the details I can sum things up a bit. Given the time of the day, 6:30pm and the fact that the store was occupied by at least 2 employees there really wasn't much choice in the matter. At that time of the evening there was a very good chance that a number of people could have been trapped inside. The choice was clear and the brothers responded.

So please keep the families and friends of the fallen brothers in your prayers.

No comments: