Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Meeting the Big Boss



Today I had a very distinct honor, I got to meet and shake hands with my commander in chief, the President of the United States. Whether you like him, his ideas, and his actions or not, he is still the President. He took a trip into Wilmington DE today and used our base as his jumping off point. So we saw the motorcade cruise out then we were able to form up a receiving line and shake his hand upon his return to Air Force One. It was a very cold and breezy day but it was worth it to get that once in a lifetime chance to shake the hand of my boss and have him wish me well on my upcoming deployment. His words to me and others were "Don't listen to the pessemists, what you are doing over there is important." I couldn't agree more and I look forward to heading over there and doing my part.

No comments: