Saturday, July 29, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Being TDY is fun but after a couple of days you are usually ready for home. This time was no different. The class was great but it was a lot of class crammed into a week. The 2 classes should have been 3 days and 5 days but we got it all in 5 days. We started @ 0730 and went til 1700 w/ an hour lunch most days. By the end of the day my head was spinning and I was whooped. So by the end of the 5 days it was time to come home.
Then of course everything seemed to conspire to keep up from getting home. When I drove into Manchester the sky was getting dark to the west so I knew that the storms were moving in. I hoped that we would get out in time, but when I saw my classmate who left earlier than I did standing at the curb w/ his bags I knew there was trouble. He was bumped til a Sun flight so the airline was sending him to the Holiday Inn. I was told by the airline that my flight was cancelled but they would move me to the 8:30 flight, fortunatly the other agent was on the ball and had me booked onto the 3:15 flight that at 4:20 was still at the gate. So I headed up there and was told it would be around 6:00 before we left. Not a big deal I was scheduled to leave at 5:50 anyways. Well it was almost 8:00 before we finally left. Then when we got to Philly it took over and hour to get the bags to us. I finally got home after 11:00pm! It did feel good to get in the car and once again be back in control of where I was heading and when.

No comments: